Okay! So. After months in limbo, stuff is finally happening in my life. A summary:
- Two weeks in a primary school placement for pre-PGCE work experience. It was enlightening. The staff were amazing, the kids brilliant, but it made me very very happy to be on the secondary course. I couldn't teach basic addition over and over again for the next 30 years.
- I started the PGCE! I am officially a student again. Jeans and hoodies all the way. It also means I'm walking from home to class to another class across town and then home again - about 2 hours total (uphill!). Good for the legs, but exhausting. Also, I haven't done the student thing for three years, so prepping for seminars and reading prescribed journals is a weird déjà vu. I am still, however, the most forward and talkative body in any given group.
- I find myself really looking forward to the coming year. I've never wanted to be a teacher, and I was ambivalent/apathetic coming to this course, but now that I'm here I'm really excited. I think I can be a good teacher, at home or abroad.
- Abroad is definitely where I want to go, but at this stage I don't find the idea of coming back completely abhorrent.
- Glee still owns me. Can't wait to see the new ep!!
Posted via LiveJournal app for iPhone.